31 July 2008

Uni's back for Semester 2 2008

This is my second semester of my Masters in Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. For anyone who asks, I wanted something to do with another 20 hours of the week, so I went back to part time study.

Last semester I only took one subject - Business Analysis Modelling and Design after having been sick in February. I did pretty well and scored first class honours (H1). Not a bad effort.

This semester I've taken two subjects Enterprise Systems and Information Systems Project and Change Management. I'll blog about them here as it will help to get my thoughts sorted out.

I've had classes for both now. Enterprise Systems is the most interesting immediately. It's based on Packaged Enterprise Application Software apps such as:
  • Enterprise Resource Management (ERM)
  • Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
  • Supply Chain Management (SCM)
  • and others
We're using SAP in order to gain some practical experience. There's little point in just talking about them. I can't imagine we'll actually be much good but will have at least had some exposure to the software.

Project and Change Management I hope will be good as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment